THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

BOOK REVIEW

Jurassic Park Review
by Nolan Lalor

4/5

I recently read Jurassic Park by Michael Chrichton. I must say that i was impressed an I enjoyed it more than the movie. The book basically starts off explaining the types of genetic research that plays a big part in the rest of the book. Basically what has happened is a rich elderly man has come up with an outrages idea for a new form of entertainment and he invests a lot of money into it. He wants to make a resort/amusement park that revolves around dinosaurs. Not just pictures of dinosaurs, real,living dinosaurs. He found a way to get DNA from the extinct animals by extracting blood from prehistoric insects fossilized in amber. In his head his whole idea of this park on an island not too far off the Costa Rican coast is fairly simple but things are about to go terribly wrong.

I was not really interested in dinosaurs when i picked this book up but it is filled with so much suspense and excitement that I didn't want to stop reading it. The one thing that some readers might need to get used to is that the action and suspense parts don't start happening until the end of the book. Some people might look at that as a bad thing but when your actually reading it and you can see the change in pace it makes you want to keep reading even more because you know that on the next page something bigger and better will happen.

Another thing that makes this book worth reading for anyone that likes a suspenseful book is the authors writing style. He has many characters in his book and they are all usually in different places doing completely different things throughout the story but he writes in a way thats easy to follow. I think this really makes the book even more amazing because all these things are happening at the same times in different places yet you can follow it an understand it very easily. If you are debating whether or not to read this book because you arent intrested in dinosaurs I strongly think you should read it anyways because it has an amazing story line and it will keep excited especially in the end when it leaves you with a big question.

No comments: