Well i have a lot of thoughts about the article that we read in Mr. Ross' class. It basically was about a mom who found her son after he had commited suicide by hanging himself. She had looked through the books that he used to stand on and found a couple Dungeons & Dragons books which even thought they were not at the thop of the stack she felt they were the main part in her sons suicide. Now I do feel bad but I can already tell she is going to blame her sons suicide on a video game.
I feel that all the people who blame suicides on games are just people looking for a quick excuse that they can use to make them feel like it wasn't their fault in any way. I think she was in so much shock on what had happened that she used the first thing she found as an answer to why he did what he did. I really think that all the people who are taking their lives to get certain games band based off these internet rants of a parent in denial are wasting time and effort on something so stupid when they could help out with something that will actually change the world for the better.
I also think that the kids who do commit suicide are under different influences than just a game. I think that they probably had problems with other people and within their own family and that would be the main reason why they would kill themselves. I actually kind of think that the games help out many kids if they would be in the situation of not having friends or having a feeling of belonging. Games like D&D help bring people together that share the same interests and hobby's. People need to start realizing that games are not any reason to blame for suicides and maybe start believing that they didn't do all they could to help their kids. Ya i know that sounds harsh but its the truth.
Monday, November 26, 2007
300 WORDS
Posted by
nolan.posted.this
at
5:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment