THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

NEANDERTHALS

I think the Neanderthals went extinct because of a few different reasons. I would think the main reason would be a huge war because the species with the better weapons survived and that shows to me that they killed the other species. The only problem with the war idea is the Neanderthals went extinct over 2000 years and i feel that is a long time for war. I also am not sure that the protohumans even thought about war. I wouldn't think that they thought about killing other species unless they were territorial and they killed on instinct if other beings entered their lands. Maybe the Neanderthals started the war when they saw the new strangers entering their territories. That still wouldn't explain a 2000 year war to me so I don't feel that the war (if there was one) started right when the 2 species met.

Maybe the 2 species worked together for most of the 2,000 years and some argument led to war near the end of the Neanderthals existence. I also think that a huge number of Neanderthals died off because of foreign diseases. There had to have been diseases that were unusual to Neanderthal territory and without a built up immune system I think it would have killed many.

There also is a chance that the societies bred together and the Neanderthals genes were not as strong as the other species and the new babies were not in the Neanderthal species anymore. I don't think that could have played to big of a part in the extinction though. What I think happened is the 2 species tried to live together but over the years diseases killed off a lot of the Neanderthals and eventually their was an argument that led to a war which ended in extinction for the Neanderthals.

No comments: